At first glance, desk and table lamps appear to be the same thing, but there is actually a difference between the two that sets them apart. The main difference is that both of these lights are used for very different purposes, so each has been designed with that purpose in mind. This makes a desk lamp unsuitable for use as a table fixture and vice versa. Read on to discover more of the ways that these lights differ from each other.
- Table lamps are seen as being the more decorative of the two. Whilst they may be used for some light reading, their main purpose is to simply add some more light to the room, which allows plenty of room for decorative shades and bases.
- Desk lamps, however, are used as task lighting and are primarily placed on a desk or shelf to provide illumination for the completion of tasks, such as writing, reading, studying, typing and so on.
- Table lamps are available in a large range of styles, designs and sizes, which allows homeowners to choose one that matches their existing décor perfectly. Many fixtures will have intricately decorated bases or shades, as well as being able to be constructed out of a number of different materials.
- Desk lamps tend to be made in just one colour and are usually constructed out of plastic or metal. They are not designed to be decorative features of the space and are, instead, quite plain in their appearance.
- Table lamps are known to take up a considerable amount of room; they often dominate the table surface and will make anything else placed nearby look out of place or unnecessary. The lights require their own space and do not take well to sharing the spotlight.
- Desk lamps take up very little space and can often be placed in the corner of a desk or shelf. Some fixtures can even be clamped to the surface, allowing them to hang and be directed wherever you need them; this leads them to take up even less space.
Whilst there may be a number of similarities between the humble desk and table lamp, it is their many differences that set them apart. Placing a desk lamp in your lounge room, for example, would look very out of place and would not provide much additional illumination to the room, except to the space either side of it. In the same way, using a table fixture at your desk would probably cause you to strain your eyes whilst trying to study.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg Schnell, zuverlässig und kompetent
Source by Jack Dowson